Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Chocolate Yogurt Cake

Hello everyone! Today I would like to share my favorite hassle-free recipe "Chocolate Yogurt Cake". This cake is so easy to make as you won't need any fancy beater or egg separating and there wont be stacks of  dirty bowls to clean up afterwards. I got this recipe online from a blog, she too adapted the recipe from a book. I made some necessary changes like adjusting the cocoa powder quantity( since we don't get good quality cocoa here in Pakistan). I've made this several times and its always spot on! The recipe an be easily doubled as well.

So the ingredients:

1 cup      flour
3/4 cup  cocoa powder
1tsp        baking soda
1/2 tsp    salt
1/2 tsp    baking powder
1 cup      powdered sugar
1/2 cup   yogurt
1             egg
1/2 cup   oil 
1/2 tsp    vanilla essence
1/2 cup   water
1 tbsp   vinegar

METHOD

  1. Firstly, oil and line your baking tin with parchment paper, since this cake is very moist aand dense so do not skip this step. Preheat oven at 180C.
  2. Then measure out all the dry ingredients ( flour, soda, cocoa, and baking powder) and in a bowl sieve it at least two times. Then add in the the sugar and mix. This will insure a soft cake and will also mix the soda properly!
  3. Then in a separate bowl, whisk the egg with a fork till its slighty foamy, don't need to do a lot. Then add in the essence and yogurt and whisk again. Then slowly add in the oil, whisking as you do so. final wet ingredient is water, add that too.
  4. Now mix the wet ingredients into the dry with a wooden spoon. Don't over mix, just enough that there no lumps in the batter.  After batter is made add the vinegar in the end. Quickly mix and pour batter in the prepared tin.
  5. Bake in a moderate oven, preferably 180C for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  6. when baked, dont turn it out of the pan immediately as it will crumble up and not retain its shape. Wait for at least 3- 4 hours. enjoy with chocolate sauce and sprinkles on top!
lol this looks messy in the pan but yummy on the plate :)



my slices :P
Sorry for the flashy pictures, these were taken at night. My bad luck, I have an electric oven and when this was baking power failure, which is why you see a dent in the cake in the first pic. No worries when you turn it over no one will guess what happened behind the curtain ;)

Do try it and let me know how it went.. Any problem I am here to help :)

Take care,
Maham xx

6 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I'll definitely try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. do try i and share how it turned out :) I am making it again today! My siblings and neighbors love it =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I have a weak spot for chocolate cakes! :/ and this one with yogurt and vinegar is new to me! Thanks for sharing this! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two ingredients surprise people but the cake turns out really soft because of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's like a dream recipe. I am definitely gonna try this. Tthanks for sharing and yeah! never mind about the pics as long as the product is good. :D

    I am on ur blog for the fist time and loving it. Would love it if you check out my lil blog. Do follow if u like what u see.
    http://fabiliscious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Fab.. following you now :)

    ReplyDelete