Saturday, 17 August 2013

Review: Oriflame Pure Nature Acai & Pomegranate Antioxidant Facewash


A face wash that hasn't disappointed me for the past 7 months! I think its about time I review this wonderful product. To read the detailed review, scroll down!

What Oriflame Says:


Refreshing face wash containing extracts of Acai berry and Pomegranate that gently removes make-up and impurities from the skin.


Product Packaging & Description:

The face wash is made of natural ingredients and suitable for all types of skin. The consistency is neither thick nor thin (it's not gel consistency). The packaging is quite sturdy and good for traveling too. For face washes I feel bottles are better than squeezable tubes, tubes can be a mess at time since they sit upside down. The bottle contains 150 ml of product.



My Experience:

First things first, the face wash does smell like pomegranate! The first time I opened the bottle, it just won me over with the fruity and refreshing scent. And don't get me wrong its nothing overpowering or strong.. Another thing that I love is the consistency, on wet face it lathers easily unlike gel which can be a pain to spread on face. 

Now I have a combination and acne prone skin and I always had an issue with previous face washes that they left dry patches and my skin felt tight and dry after using them. ( For reference I've used Ponds, Himalaya's Neem and Pears) The first time I used it I was like wow. My skin felt amazingly soft and supple and plus there was no urge to slap on some moisturizer as well. My face stays matte for 4 to 5 hours during summers which is great for me.I bought this in February, it was still chilly here in my city and it worked fine even then. Another big plus, it didn't cause breakouts *two points for that* :D

 Now I don't do makeup on regular bases, but when I did I was disappointed.It didn't remove makeup completely. It was then I realized that it's good just for daily cleansing and not deep cleansing. For that obviously a good scrub is essential. So the claim of oriflame does fail here but despite this I still love it.

For some the price might sound a lot (Rs.590) for 150 ml but hey it does last a long time. I have been using this for 7 months and its still not finished. Plus oriflame usually has sales going on and one can it for less as well. Like I got this for only Rs.350. I am glad I got this :)

What I like about it

  • Fruity and refreshing scent.
  • Packaging is mess free and travel friendly.
  • Very easy to use because of the consistency.
  • Leaves skin soft and supple without a tight feeling.
  • Doesn't cause breakouts.
What I don't like about it
  • Doesn't deep cleanse and remove makeup completely.
  • Is expensive on regular price.

Would I recommend it to others and repurchase?

I would definitely recommend this to everyone since it's quite good and does what it claims. As soon as I am done with this bottle, definitely getting a new one for myself. I wish it is on sale by then ;)


Ratings:

4/5

Have you tried this Face wash yet? What are your views?

Disclaimer: I bought the product with my own money for my personal use and I was not paid or compensated to write this review in any way.

9 comments:

  1. hey dear i just nominated you for liebster award on my blog so check
    http://myownnailart.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really nice for dry skin. A very nice and thorough review.
    Thebrunettehead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the appreciation seemal :)

      Delete
  3. I agree himalaya neem and pears are drying for face.This one sounds so great.I heard a few good things abt this one and after your review i will def give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pears worked out for my mum but not me! So I guess it really depends on skin. But this one works for all types of skin types ( not sure about dry skins in winters though)

      Delete
    2. Is this product remove acne

      Delete